- The Reserve Bank of India on 17 July 2015 signed a Special Currency Swap Agreement with the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
- Veteran Telugu playback singer V Ramakrishna passed away on 15 July 2015 after battling cancer. He was 68. He is survived by wife, a daughter and a son.
- The observation was made by the bench comprising Justices M A Attar and A M Magray while ruling that the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest (SARFAESI) Act, 2002 cannot be enforced in the state. It was enacted by Indian Parliament in 2002.
- Justice Kurian Joseph of the Supreme Court (SC) on 15 July 2015 sought a clarification from the Union Government on the constitutional status of the Chief Justice of India.
- Kutchi New Year: Hindu New Year in Kutch Region of Gujarat
- 2nd Sohra Marathon-2015 was held in Meghalaya on 17 July 2015. The marathon was flagged off at Mawkdok in East Khashi
- The annual Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra (Chariot Festival) began on 18 July 2015 at Puri of Odisha.
- Scientists belonging to the University of California of the USA conducted a research that led to the development of mini heart (Cardiac Microphysiological System) on a microchip using human stem cells. The study was led by Indian-origin scientist Anurag Mathur.
- Manufacturers’ Association for Information Technology (MAIT) and IMRB International (formerly Indian Market Research Bureau) on 17 July 2015 jointly released the ITOPS 2015 Study.
- Union Government launched Delhi Police Railway Helpline Number 1512
- A woman having a child through surrogacy is entitled to maternity leave: Delhi HC
- Prashant Pathrabe appointed as Interim Director of Film and Television Institute of India
- CCI approved deal involving Aegon Religare Life Insurance Joint Venture
- Parineeti Chopra is ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ Ambassador In Haryana
- Union Government Approved Signing of India-Canada Civil Aviation Pact
- INS Astravahini Decommissioned
- Rita Chowdary Appointed Director Of National Book Trust
16 July 2015 Current Affairs
- CCEA approves Intra State Transmission System
- India Ranked 33rd ‘Most Reputable Nation In The World’
- Remnants of India’s One of the Oldest Port Discovered In Goa
- Japan’s Lower House Approved Change To Self-defence Law
- Indian-American Woman Sunita Viswanath Honoured with Champion of Change
- RBI Constitutes Deepak Mohanty Committee To Frame Action Plan On Financial Inclusion
- Champions League T20 of Cricket Scrapped with Immediate Effect
- World Youth Skills Day was Observed On 15 July
- PM Narendra Modi Launched Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikash Yojana
- Rakesh Sahni Appointed Chairman of NVDA
- Legendary Music Director MS Viswanathan Died
- Union Government Approved Defence Proposals Worth Rs 30,000 crore
- Four Indians Among 32 Young Leaders Named by Asia Society In New York
- India and Tajikistan Signed Agreements In Culture & HRD
- ‘GAGAN’ Satellite Based Navigation System Launched
- Lt General Man Mohan Singh Rai Appointed as new Vice-Chief of Indian Army
- India and Georgia Signed MoU on Electoral Cooperation
- India and Kyrgyzstan Signed Four Agreements
- India and Turkmenistan Signed Seven Agreements
- Wimbledon Championship 2015 Winners
* Men’s Singles :- Novak Djokovic of Serbia on 12 July won men’s singles title of Wimbledon. In the final match, he defeated Roger Federer of Switzerland. This was his third Wimbledon title and Grand Slam crown.
* Women’s Singles :- Serena Williams (US) won her sixth Wimbledon women’s singles title. In the final match played she defeated Garbine Muguruza of Spain. This was her fourth Grand Slam championship in a row and 21st Grand Slam title overall.
* Women’s Doubles :- Sania Mirza (India) and Martina Hingis (Switzerland) pair won the 2015 women’s Doubles Wimbledon Title. Sania Mirza became the first female player from the country to win a women’s doubles Grand Slam trophy.
* Men’s Doubles :- Jean-Julien Rojer (Netherlands) and Horia Tecau (Romania) pair won the 2015 men’s Doubles Wimbledon Title.
* Mixed Doubles :- Indian tennis veteran Leander Paes won the mixed doubles event of the Wimbledon Championship with legendary Martina Hingis (Switzerland).
* Boys’ Doubles :- Sunil Nagal became the sixth Indian to win a Grand Slam junior title after winning the boys doubles trophy at the Wimbledon championship.Yuki Bhambri was the last Indian to taste success at the top level in junior tennis when he won the Australian Open boys singles title in 2009. Ramanathan Krishnan (Wimbledon, 1954), Ramesh Krishnan (French Open and Wimbledon, 1979) and Leander Paes (Wimbledon 1990, U.S. Open 1991) are the other junior Grand Slam singles champions from India. Sania Mirza had won the Wimbledon girls doubles title in 2003 with Russian partner Alisa Kleybanova.